Friday, November 05, 2004

Oh, the comments!!!

I'm actually very surpised at all the comments my little blog is receiving! Well, okay, I'm not surprised Matt responded, but as for the other vehement comments, I'm really impressed that my little nook in the web that no one reads caused such a stir.

Again, I will write that this is a vent-pad. I really don't think all Republicans are idiots (although machine1 sure is) because I myself am a registered Republican. I guess part of my problem with politics in general is that people feel they need to so closely define themselves with one group or another and can only back that group. That's really a step down for America if that's how people feel. Kudos to the Dems and Reps that voted across party line. Shame on those who don't immediately think that you're SUPPOSED to cross party lines.

Why is it so bad that I posted that all those who voted for Bush should have to join the military? The further and further we go along the more likely we are to have to do a draft, and then people like me will be forced to join the military. And don't say a draft won't be necessary. I used to believe a draft would never happen, and it might not, but we have our foot in so many doors right now that we can't continue to keep our military well-stocked. 2/3 of guardsmen aren't reporting for duty and the national guard is forced to use cheap recruiting ploys like car shows and pink t-shirts for female recruits.

And Matt makes a valid point about people in the military having signed up for that lifestyle. But don't people see that the people fighting in Iraq are reservists and guardsmen, people who didn't sign up for the Army/Marine/Navy/Air Force/Coast Guard lifestyle. They signed up to be weekend warriors, to guard the homeland.

This might come as a shock to some of you guys who hate my political views, but I don't hate George Bush. True, I think he's dense, I mean just look at the way he speaks sometimes, but I think that about dear friends whose grammar I correct.

Now, please, my bloggy isn't intended to piss you off. It's intended to keep me from pissing people off. If I call Bush supporters idiots here, it means I can rationally deal with them in public. If you don't like what I say to vent, don't visit the blog. I do, however encourage the discussion, because it's what makes our country so great, don't you think? We have the ability to disagree. And disagreeing, when open-minded helps us all become more aware of the truth. But, one condition, if you're gonna post something, make sure you say who you are. Got that, machine1, or should I say LKGilles???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home